“Write what you know…Write without pay until someone offers pay. If nobody offers within three years, the candidate may look upon this as a sign that sawing wood is what he was intended for.” —Mark Twain
Looking for a way to share your international knowledge, experience, thoughts, or ideas with others? Write a post for us on StudyAbroadMap.com. New posts are featured on a slideshow and broadcast on social media. We especially like writing with a personal touch, as long as it’s relevant to our mission. You can write about something general or specific to a geographic area or location. The possibilities are endless.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. When submitting a post, please make sure you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Well written and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Original, NOT posted anywhere else on the Internet (to preserve the integrity of the information and prevent duplication problems with search engines), as verified by Copyscape.com and Plagium.com.
- Personal tone to inform, educate, and/or entertain. We are not interested in lifeless writing, encyclopedia style.
- Format submission in a Word document with title, short description, text (include any links in parenthesis next to the words), author bio (2-3 sentences with 1-2 optional links to the author’s website, blog, or other branded online destination).
- Each submission should include 2-4 photos attached separately, not built into the Word document. However, indicate somewhere in the Word document where each photo should be placed (if you have any suggestions) along with descriptions. Of course the photos must be yours or else you must supply written permission to use them on StudyAbroadMap.com.
- We link the best posts to the homepage with a big beautiful photo. So if you have a nice photo that we can use with your permission, please include this also.
Posts become a permanent part of StudyAbroadMap.com and are indexed by search engines.